Router Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Merry Christmas!

I've been working very hard trying to get my wife's Christmas present completed in time and I've almost made it. Just a few things left to do but we had our family Christmas gathering Saturday and she got to see it. I think she likes it.

Thanks for all of your help.

Attachments

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
looks really good Bryan...

Reactions: bryansong

·
Registered
901 Posts
Ya' Done Good, Brian! What slides did you use?

·
Registered
4,625 Posts
Very nice...great design and execution...nice attention to detail...

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks all of you for the kind words. Mike, no beer!

All during this build I thought of how much I like working with the tools and materials, some more than others and
was tempted to post a note on whatever that particular thing was during the build. I haven't yet because I'm really not sure just what I want to say yet. I wish I was better with words but I will give you a couple of examples. One that comes to mind is the pocket hole screws and jigs. I've got a couple of jigs for this and have used them both depending on the application but I find it a wonder of just how well they (the screws) and the jigs work. They are so easy and simply amazing.
Another is working with hardwoods, I've built just a few things so far but when I work with hardwood things just turn out nicer. I don't really like working with plywood any more than I have to, I find something about it makes me itch. I love the look of Baltic birch though.

Anyway, I feel like I'm rambling but I do want to tell you all again in case you've missed it, I value your input, your advise, and I try to follow along. With each project I learn and improve so thank you.
You add to my tool collection.

Bryan

·
Registered
Paul
2,139 Posts
Really nice, Bryan. That's great usage of the available space. My cousin has a similar width cabinet that just had fixed shelves in it. He recently put in drawer glides on each shelf, so they could get at stuff in the back. Your solution is much handier. Great job.

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Really nice, Bryan. That's great usage of the available space. My cousin has a similar width cabinet that just had fixed shelves in it. He recently put in drawer glides on each shelf, so they could get at stuff in the back. Your solution is much handier. Great job.

Thanks Paul. Happy New Year!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.