Router Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
Oliver (Prof. Henry)
2,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finding space for an eight-pack of paper towels in our pantry was always a pain and then digging in the partially opened pack for a new roll was annoying because invariably something else got stacked on top of it.

I finally got around to building my concept of a paper towel storage/dispenser that will hold nine rolls of paper towels so I can grab one when I need it.

Overall size is roughly 12 3/4" wide, 6 1/2" deep, and 40" tall and — best of all — made with material I already had on hand. The towels load in the open top and gravity feed to the bottom. A 1 x 2 stops keeps the bottom towel from rolling off the slightly angled delivery platform.

Everything was assembled with glue, staples, brads, and pocket screws for the face frame. A more permanent version could be designed to inset into the wall between studs.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
Great idea, Oliver. I think I know just the place for copy of that.

·
Premium Member
17,430 Posts
Took the words right out of my mouth................ I'll have to run the idea past the one who gets to make the decisions around here.
I wish I had more room in my bathroom as I'd definitely make one

·
Super Moderator
5,772 Posts
UH-OH. My sweetie just saw the picture! She is in the kitchen thinking...

I heard her exclaim...
"I like the idea, I just don't know how to make it work."

·
Premium Member
17,430 Posts

I heard her exclaim...
I like Oliver's in wall idea . That would really be neat :)

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
Tom, I have a feeling that if decision maker here sees that picture she will be doing like Mike's wife.

Oliver, do you realize how much work you may have unintentionally cause?

·
Super Moderator
5,772 Posts
Ha ha ha. We have a small pantry. She got in the pantry with a tape measure and had me close the door! :surprise::grin:

"We've got seven inches clearance!"

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
I like Oliver's in wall idea . That would really be neat :)
She said "NO!" :frown:

Rick,

I just measured a roll - the brand we use is 4" diameter - 3-1/2" for a stud space plus 1/2" drywall and you're golden. Just have a frame/panel that fits on the wall surface and it won't stick out more than 3/4". With a little planning and ingenuity, you could disguise it so it looks like a decoration.

·
Registered
Oliver (Prof. Henry)
2,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Oliver, do you realize how much work you may have unintentionally cause?
Extra work? This is a real quickie project. Starting from an idea with no plans to finished storage unit took about 3 hours and that includes measuring roll sizes and looking around the shop for stock that might work while making size and construction decisions on the fly. Just go for it. :yes4:

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
cool...
now an ornate one for the TP...

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
Reactions: Shop guy

·
Registered
278 Posts

I heard her exclaim...
Guess it's time the have the 'Gravity' discussion. >:)

Well executed and ingenious as always Oliver!

·
Registered
3,730 Posts
I like that! I foresee one with bag storage on the side for trash, sandwich and freezer bags. How about those boxes of facial tissue that end up in hiding. May be a place for those paper plates and bowls added below.

I need a bigger pantry!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts