Router Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Man I feel bad for the French today. I have a real bad feeling this is going to promote rage reprisals on innocents just like it did here after 9/11.
Accents, different clothes, skin color, funny sounding names, anything resembling a middle Eastern person needs to be very careful.

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
We'll do nothing in europe, as usual. We've let nearly a million so-called 'refugees' in from syria with no checks as to who they are, so this is the beginning of the end for europe as it was.

Expecting millions more since the german chancellor, merkel, just opened the doors.

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
We'll do nothing in europe, as usual. We've let nearly a million so-called 'refugees' in from syria with no checks as to who they are, so this is the beginning of the end for europe as it was.

Expecting millions more since the german chancellor, merkel, just opened the doors.
same thing on this side of the planet..

·
Registered
901 Posts
Our 24 year old daughter is in grad school at Sorbonne University in Paris. She has a french cell phone and can call us, but we can't call her. Soon as we saw the news, my wife checked Facebook to see if she had left any messages that she's OK. No reference to the attacks, but she had posted about other things after the attacks.

Turns out, she went to bed without knowing that anything happened, then was awakened by French friends calling her to be sure she was OK. Then, she put out a Facebook message letting the world know she was OK. I'm grateful that we have Facebook. How else would we know what our kids are up to? Mom used to watch out son's relationship status to know when he had a new college girlfriend.

·
Premium Member
19,239 Posts
I have heard the suggestion that we set up refugee areas in the Middle East so that refugees don't have to travel so far from their homes. Send support there instead of importing large groups of people whose religion embraces the enslavement, even murder of infidels. Infidel to violent jihadists means death to anyone who does not convert.

I don't think this view is politically correct, but it is practical and realistic to think of NOT bringing people in whose backgrounds cannot be properly checked. We have a long record of violent Islamist events throughout Europe. England and France each have neighborhoods where roving gangs enforce Shariah law on non Muslims--No Go areas where the laws of the host country do not apply.

Why is political correctness trumping common sense?

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
........... England and France each have neighborhoods where roving gangs enforce Shariah law on non Muslims--No Go areas where the laws of the host country do not apply..........
That's not actually correct for the UK. We allow Muslims to hold their own courts regarding certain things that our laws do not cover, but it is usually financial matters.

The only so-called no-go areas are the gang controlled areas but they are still policed.

Watched a special news item a few nights ago. Even former imigrants think the doors should now be closed. One new imigrant from syria told the news crew that very few others, in the hostel he was staying in, were from syria.

Makes a complete mockery and will surely lead to civil unrest.

·
Registered
30 Posts
England and France each have neighborhoods where roving gangs enforce Shariah law on non Muslims--No Go areas where the laws of the host country do not apply.

This is not true. In the UK we have generally very good race relations and this sort of emotive outburst should not be dignified with repetion.

We have had our bomb and terrorist attacks in the UK but these are generally seen to be the acts of a few fanatics and the Muslim community are the first to condemn. We are of course always on our guard against the next outrage and every one expects it will happen despite the vigilance of out security services.

It is a very depressing outlook for all of us in the Free World where we value the right of the individual to express himself and so find it hard to protect ourselves against the maniacs.

All our thoughts should be with the poor people in Paris who have got caught up with this ghastly event

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Background checks are useless, regarding the intended action and results. Any prepared individual or group taking advantage of the immigrant storm in Europe would surely be or begin creating realistically clean backgrounds for operatives, assuming there are any verifiable backgrounds to check from their point of origin.

It's too early to begin speculating on the origins of the people responsible for the recent event, today they're just as likely homegrown as imported. The "Possessed" don't require special combat training from a covert foreign facility when maximum carnage by suicide vest is the goal.

In the last 25 to 30 years it seems like Islamic extremists are working toward a misguided attempt at promoting a global conflict?

·
Registered
15,459 Posts
I've been saying for at least the past 5 years that we're heading for another WW.
Too many megalomaniacs playing chicken.
The old expression, 'Power abhors a vacuum' couldn't be truer than right now.
The Liberal Progressive movement has created that vacuum...and the megalomaniacs are only too willing to fill it... :(

Two predictions:
-the EU is dead
-the hard Right in Europe will take over

(not trying to start a political argument here, just saying how I see it. The thought doesn't make me happy.)

·
Registered
2,603 Posts
I've been saying for at least the past 5 years that we're heading for another WW.
Too many megalomaniacs playing chicken.
The old expression, 'Power abhors a vacuum' couldn't be truer than right now.
The Liberal Progressive movement has created that vacuum...and the megalomaniacs are only too willing to fill it... :(

Two predictions:
-the EU is dead
-the hard Right in Europe will take over

(not trying to start a political argument here, just saying how I see it. The thought doesn't make me happy.)
The hard right will take over in the US if they haven't already. :crying:

·
Registered
813 Posts
Over the years I have known many people of middle eastern decent and the ones I have befriended find the violent jihadists to be just as repulsive as we Americans do. It is not my place to judge people but human nature being what it is I "judge" people by their actions and not by any other standard. Being from the deep South I grew up with people of color and those from other countries and never knew I was supposed to look at them differently until the media told me I was. That is why I have no use for the media. However, those that I knew come to America because they wanted to assimilate and become Americans. Unfortunately that mindset no longer exists. I now think that we need to look long and hard at those we welcome into the US. Many arriving now want to leave a "hell hole" of a country and unfortunately want to establish the country they left within our country. That should not be tolerated but it will. We have evolved into a society where everyone wants to do as they please without regard to laws, rules or concern for anyone else. A sad commentary...and I see a bleak future for this land that I would give my life for. My soap box for today...

·
Registered
376 Posts
GaryK: well said, esp. when you wrote --"Many arriving now want to leave a "hell hole" of a country and unfortunately want to establish the country they left within our country. That should not be tolerated but it will. We have evolved into a society where everyone wants to do as they please without regard to laws, rules or concern for anyone else."

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
England and France each have neighborhoods where roving gangs enforce Shariah law on non Muslims--No Go areas where the laws of the host country do not apply.

This is not true. In the UK we have generally very good race relations and this sort of emotive outburst should not be dignified with repetion.

We have had our bomb and terrorist attacks in the UK but these are generally seen to be the acts of a few fanatics and the Muslim community are the first to condemn. We are of course always on our guard against the next outrage and every one expects it will happen despite the vigilance of out security services.

It is a very depressing outlook for all of us in the Free World where we value the right of the individual to express himself and so find it hard to protect ourselves against the maniacs.

All our thoughts should be with the poor people in Paris who have got caught up with this ghastly event
Trying to find a way to put this gently…. Wake up…
Attacks are taking place in the UK and throughout Europe in so many ways and at so many levels they are hard to keep track of…
For example, this and this and this and this and this and this and this and this. I can provide as many examples as you want…

You think this is a matter of “race relations”???
Race has NOTHING to do with it… Just ask Chechens like the Tsarnaev brothers who bombed the Boston Marathon a couple years ago… They are literally Caucasians…

You are not alone… The root of this mass delusion and incomprehension is that Westerners are trying to understand Muslim behavior by looking at their own life experiences and everything they’ve been taught about how the world works.
For example, you have been taught to feel guilty about race, and Islamists who have a vicious, triumphalist, totalitarian ideology and who seek to dominate the world are exploiting your racial guilt to advance their agenda, and keep you passive despite the steady stream of encroachments and attacks.
This is why jihadist attacks are so inexplicable to most Westerners… We assume that when people attack others so viciously, there has to be a reason for it. You seek a reason and the jihadists will be all too glad to give you with one… a reason that will keep you silent and passive, unable and unwilling to defend yourself.

Western leaders have been bending over backwards to accommodate Muslims, and yet the attacks keep coming. The disconnect between their efforts to address Muslim grievances and the continued attacks just leave Westerners baffled and frightened.
It is all a ruse. While justifications may be given by the jihadists, they are just pretexts designed to play on Western guilt and self-doubt. The root reason for these attacks is that Islam’s “holy” books teach Muslims that those who do not accept conversion to Islam when the opportunity exists are rebels against Allah. In other words, simply minding your own business is an act of defiance, and by not acknowledging Allah’s sovereignty over your life, you insult Islam and thereby are a threat. Ignoring the Almighty is an act of defiance that must be subdued, legislatively or by social pressure if possible, but martially if necessary.

You can ignore or argue with these facts to your heart’s content, but the bottom line is that, if you haven’t read the Quran and hadiths, or read through an authoritative compilation of Sharia such as “Reliance of the Traveller,” you don’t have any idea of what you’re talking about.

It is a grave mistake to try to understand Muslim behavior on your own terms. Take the time to understand Muslims on their terms.
Wouldn’t that be the respectful and inclusive thing to do, instead of assuming that, deep down inside, everyone is the same, and wants the same things you want?

You now have links to make it easy to get to the heart of Islam… brace yourself for what you find out…

I'll get off of my soap box now....

1 - 20 of 62 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.