Router Forums banner

Parts and pieces

1K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  old55 
#1 ·
Somehow, this pile of mesquite will become a whiskey box. Time frame is fungeable, though. :wink:
Wood Floor Table Furniture Workbench

See less See more
#2 ·
I don't know if they still do it, but years ago you could go to a liquor store and get free whiskey boxes. They cut the tops on just 3 sides, so you had a "hinged" top. I have been thinking of getting some, then lining the insides and tops with a panel of maybe 1/4" plywood. Could then use as is, or put a fibreglass coating on the outside, so it would last longer. The really neat thing about these boxes is, each type of booze box is decorated with the factory logo, et al. Hmm, maybe I can find a picture or two.

#4 ·
Here's a pic of the prototype made with scrap BB. The final box will not be sized for the glasses. The logos are lasered. Most whiskey logos are available on line. I also make similar boxes for hand guns and knives, with lasered logos.
Box Furniture

Box Wood Packaging and labeling

#9 ·
Here's a pic of the prototype made with scrap BB. The final box will not be sized for the glasses. The logos are lasered. Most whiskey logos are available on line. I also make similar boxes for hand guns and knives, with lasered logos.
I have to say lasers have there place . Logo looks great , nice touch Gene

#5 ·
Just found a very few. Don't know if that is because they don't make them any more, but even so seems like all the wood cases have pictures. Or maybe using the wrong search phrase. But what I found is here, didn't include any of the wood cases. I like the wooden one a lot.

Found one more, but it is not in the folder I sent them to. ??? Decided to get a new drinking mug also.

Attachments

#7 ·
#8 ·
Thanks, Herb. The laser is getting easier to operate. It's the image software that gives me fits.
The design is burned before assembly.

Reactions: artman60
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.