Router Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I am new to the forum and I have a question regarding parts. My dad is a retired contractor and I have recently inherited one of his routers. It's a nice Bosch 1613evs plunge router however the router was dropped somewhere along the line and the base broke. It broke along the section that the guide would normally slide into. From the research I have done it looks as if this part is no longer being sold. I was wondering if anyone had any advise on how to find parts.

Thanks in advance,

Justin

·
Premium Member
2,413 Posts
Hi Justin. Welcome to our little corner of the 'net.

If Bosch no longer carries the part, I think your next stop would be Ebay, Kijiji, Craigs list, and the like in the hope that you can find someone on there with a broken router with a good base that you can scavage for parts.

You could also check ereplacementparts.com. They sometimes have part stock for hard to find items.

·
Retired Moderator
16,385 Posts
Hi Justin and welcome. What Brian said.

·
Registered
2 Posts
If you have all the parts repair it with JB Weld, will be plenty strong enough barring another drop! Plenty of howto info on UTube, cheers, john

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the replies.

I have been checking out some of those sites but the one is new to me so thatnks. There was one router I almost bought but it was broken the same way.

Unfortunately thus router probably broke 15 years ago and I believe my dad just bought a new one. He is much for repairing tools so pieces are long gone.

·
Retired Moderator
16,385 Posts
Justin you'll be fighting an uphill battle if you need parts as most are no longer available so it won't be worth spending much to repair it.

·
Registered
8,954 Posts
Best bet is to keep your eyes open for a burned out one and get the base from it. In the meantime get a new 1617 and don't look back.
Herb

1 - 8 of 8 Posts