Router Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got this router for 5$ at an estate sale but these parts were not there.

I am looking for a depth adjustment ring and a base plate on a Model 315.17492 Craftsman router. Sears parts are no longer available. I was told that Ryobi made some of the (315.***) models but have not been able to find any parts.

It seems I would just be better off junking this router and start looking for one that is complete. :bad: This one works fine but depth adjustment is tricky. I have two other routers of this model and like not having to change bits back and forth.

I posted this question several weeks ago but somehow lost my answers. I thought the answers to my first post would remain on the site, but I can't locate them anywhere. What is the best way to retain, (keep) the answers to my post ?

Thank you for any help you might be able to lend me.

Attachments

·
Registered
524 Posts
I got this router for 5$ at an estate sale but these parts were not there.

I am looking for a depth adjustment ring and a base plate on a Model 315.17492 Craftsman router. Sears parts are no longer available. I was told that Ryobi made some of the (315.***) models but have not been able to find any parts.

It seems I would just be better off junking this router and start looking for one that is complete. :bad: This one works fine but depth adjustment is tricky. I have two other routers of this model and like not having to change bits back and forth.

I posted this question several weeks ago but somehow lost my answers. I thought the answers to my first post would remain on the site, but I can't locate them anywhere. What is the best way to retain, (keep) the answers to my post ?

Thank you for any help you might be able to lend me.
Try here

http://www.routerforums.com/introductions/38039-parts-craftsman-model-315-17492-a.html

Al

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
I posted this in your other thread on the subject, but...

It is a 20+ year old router. Ebay or craigs list and buy another for parts would be about the only way. Don't think I would throw good money after bad, myself.

·
Official Greeter
20,101 Posts
Bill, there is a big chance that when you posted several weeks ago, you signed on under a different name.

I thought the answers to my first post would remain on the site, but I can't locate them
Unless your posts were deleted by the admin team for being inappropriate, they will still be there.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What a great forum.

Thank you one and all for all the helpful information.
I was not expecting so much kindness.
You are a great group of folks and I will be watching the forum from now on.

Thanks
Bill Hanzal
San Antonio, TX

·
Registered
44 Posts
Bill
I have a Craftsman 315.17461 that takes the same parts. I need the handle base as mine is broken. If you decide to junk it I would be willing to purchase if not too much.
Or possibly sell mine to fix yours. If not I hope you find the necessary parts for yours to repair.
Email [email protected]
Laurence

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
We can work something out.

Bill
I have a Craftsman 315.17461 that takes the same parts. I need the handle base as mine is broken. If you decide to junk it I would be willing to purchase if not too much.
Or possibly sell mine to fix yours. If not I hope you find the necessary parts for yours to repair.
Email [email protected]
Laurence
Can you send me a jpeg of the part you need?
I'm only asking $85,000 . ha ha ha

·
Banned
11,934 Posts
Bill, left click on your name and select Find More Posts By from the drop down menu.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.