Router Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Administrator
David
3,980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sandy listens to Ray Comfort and Kirk Cameron (www.livingwaters.com) sharing the Gospel every Saturday morning on YouTube while she makes our salads for the week so I made a passive speaker for her iPhone (and for her birthday). Curly Maple, Gaboon Ebony, and Curly Redwood, French polish finish. The difference in sound is very obvious - it’s richer, more balanced, and a little louder.

Cold bending the Curly Redwood; I resawed to the point I needed and then soaked it in hot water. After three times and bending successfully more each time I cut the pieces I needed and then glued them together.
Table Furniture Wood Hardwood Vehicle

Fitting the curved deflector; the square is just a prop to hold the deflector in place for the photo.
Wood Plywood Hardwood Wood stain

Wood Plywood Hardwood Table

Gaboon Ebony phone support -
Floor Wood Hardwood Flooring

Finished passive speaker -
Wood Plywood Table Hardwood Furniture

Wood Room Shelf Furniture Plywood

Wood Plywood Hardwood

Violet Furniture Wood Shelf Technology

Enjoy!
David

·
Registered
4,625 Posts
Great idea, David...so, did the design pop into your head while sleeping...? Or was it one of your ingenious thoughts...? Very nice...!

·
Administrator
David
3,980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Great idea, David...so, did the design pop into your head while sleeping...? Or was it one of your ingenious thoughts...? Very nice...!
Yes! LOL!

I've been thinking about it for weeks and ran through a dozen different ideas while I should have been sleeping. I tried to make a Fibonacci sequence pattern work but just couldn't do it justice with the piece of Curly Maple I had. Plus, if I made it much larger then she would use it and never say a word but I would know that it was taking up too much room on the bar. The deflector idea came to me as I thought about air ports in speakers to allow some air in from the rear but deflect the sound toward the front. I doubt it makes much difference but I like the idea so we'll go with 'it helps'. :grin:

David

·
Registered
Mike
3,843 Posts
Nice design and great use of contrasting woods. I di1

Reactions: difalkner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts