Router Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dad and Pat met riding bicycles in southern California in the late 1970’s and became good friends. Pat made several pieces of furniture for my parents, including a beautiful solid oak platform queen-size bed. The bed was handed down to me, and we used it for decades, but my wife and I no longer have room for it, and no one in the family wants it. Pat seems to be highly appreciated in this forum, and I’m hoping someone would like to have a piece made by him.

The platform surface is 4.75” below the top of the rails, and inside dimensions are 80” x 60”. The bed is very sturdy and easily handled a heavy TempurPedic mattress. It disassembles making it somewhat easier to move. Pat used heavy steel connectors on the corners, and it’s rock-solid once assembled.

I’m not asking any money for the bed, but I want it to go to someone who will appreciate Pat’s handiwork and take good care of it. The bed is too big and heavy for me to try to ship via UPS or other carriers, so it will need to be picked up locally or arrangements made with a moving company.

I’ll try to post some photos, but I’m new to the forum and not sure if I’ll be able to do so. As a new member, I can’t send private messages, so I guess it’s best to reply to this post if you’re interested. I’ll be glad to talk by phone/email to answer any questions.

Marty
Manhattan KS

Attachments

·
Registered
3,456 Posts
Marty - welcome to the forum. Now that you're here, stick around and join in. That is a very generous offer on your part. Hopefully someone here takes you up on it. Good luck. If no one wants it, perhaps you can donate it to a worthwhile charity.

·
Retired Moderator
16,385 Posts
Welcome Marty. That's very generous of you.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts