Router Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Retired Moderator
16,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I think it's possible that many members here may not have known that our Quillman was in fact Pat Warner, a master woodworker and author of a number of woodworking books. When I learned of Pat's passing last week I suggested to our Forum Contributors that maybe we should posthumously award Pat the Contributor of the Month title for September. Then we thought about it some more and decided that that might not be adequate considering the stature of the man. Therefore it was decided that he should be awarded the title of Honored Member which will stick to his posts permanently. Pat started only 4 threads but he responded to many and his advice was something you could count on because it came from a vast amount of experience.

One of Pat's threads had to do with cutter/router size and the safety issues around them so I am including a link to it here and am inviting all to have a look at it. You'll see Pat's username with his new badge applied to it while you are there. Anyone interested in his books can find them on Amazon. http://www.routerforums.com/general-routing/37470-big-cutters-small-routers.html

·
Registered
15,459 Posts
Absolutely, Charles! 'Honoured Member' is spot on.

"Then we thought about it some more and decided that that might be adequate considering the stature of the man.'
Did you mean to say that might not be adequate? (Edit?)

·
Retired Moderator
16,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Dan. I missed that when I proof read it.

·
Official Greeter
18,742 Posts
Sorry to hear that, Mike McGrath got Pat to sign a copy of his book for my trip to USA in 2012...

Reactions: Cherryville Chuck
1 - 4 of 4 Posts