Router Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Another a new member to the forum!

I have a Porter Cable Model 890 router that I purchased in 2008 as part of the 893PK set. I have the fixed base mounted upside down in my router table. I'm right in the middle of my most recent project and the router has started to slip in the fixed base. After the router is switched on it will slowly drop as much as 1/4" in a matter of a few seconds. I have wiped down the router, wiped down the inside of the base, but it still slips.

Is there an adjustment on the fixed base for the clamping force? If not, is there a part that needs to be changed out?

Thanks,
Bill P. Oswego, IL

·
Registered
23,786 Posts
Hi Bill

The PC 890 comes with a cam action lock ,you will see a nut that can be tighten ,give it a turn or two that should do the trick..

==========

Another a new member to the forum!

I have a Porter Cable Model 890 router that I purchased in 2008 as part of the 893PK set. I have the fixed base mounted upside down in my router table. I'm right in the middle of my most recent project and the router has started to slip in the fixed base. After the router is switched on it will slowly drop as much as 1/4" in a matter of a few seconds. I have wiped down the router, wiped down the inside of the base, but it still slips.

Is there an adjustment on the fixed base for the clamping force? If not, is there a part that needs to be changed out?

Thanks,
Bill P. Oswego, IL

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts