Router Forums banner

Personal Protective Equipment - PPE

Tags
gloves
6K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  Phil P 
#1 ·
I've been fairly cavalier about personal H&S over the years, and still have all my fingers and toes. Just....

OK, so I accept the point about safety specs, overalls, NOT long hair and routers, non-slip footware, dust masks and so on. However, I've never worn gloves when 'woodworming'.

In lots of stores over this way, one can purchase Kevlar knitted gloves quite cheaply - around £5/pair - and I use a pair when hauling anchor chain on my sailboat. The flakes of rust are sharp, and so are the bits of crustacean that inhabit the seaweed that gets entangled.

I can't help wondering if there are workshop processes where a pair of such gloves would be really good news. Thoughts of others....?

:cray:

#2 ·
#5 ·
#6 ·
Not Cheap-Thrifty

I was curious if you wore the looser or tighter type glove.

I don't believe a cheap SOB would order a box of gloves. I beleive a cheap SOB would be like me and just order one right hand glove! :wacko:

#7 ·
Hi Jim

I like the tighter type glove,if I could I would just order the right hand ones :)
Like the meat cutters do ,just the left one :)
========

I was curious if you wore the looser or tighter type glove.

I don't believe a cheap SOB would order a box of gloves. I beleive a cheap SOB would be like me and just order one right hand glove! :wacko:

#10 ·
deWalt (and others) do excellent tight fitting fingerless gloves which protect the palm and upper finngers whilst leaving the fingertips free to feel. They have one major advantage I can see, in that you won't get the glove fingertips snagged on a shard sticking out from a screw and nearly "strangle" a digit when driving a screw....... It does happen and is why I've long ago gone to fingerless gloves

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.