Router Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Retired Moderator
4,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I have been stocking up on some box making wood so that when and if I ever get done with this kitchen remodel I can get to work. I like to try different timbers that I haven't worked with before. Mix of 3/8 and 1/2 stock. Curly maple is pretty common but I like to buy it when I can find it and I love it on a box.

Curly Maple

More Curly Maple

Beli

Ribbon Mahogany

Q/S Bubinga

Spalted Maple

·
Registered
595 Posts
This is great stuff, I'm lucky I have a hardwood lumber company near by. They are a bit pricey, but I can pick out what I like. Looking at these great samples, I think I'm going to make a quick run over there.

·
Registered
10,714 Posts
Corey, I have to agree those are beautiful pieces of wood. My question is, what are the dimensions of them, other than 3/8" & 1/2" thick? I hope you get your remodeling done soon also. I want to see some boxes.

·
Retired Moderator
4,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi Dave! The boards are all right at 4 inches wide, some a little wider, some a little smaller. They are between 20-24 inches long. Definitely enough to make a nice box and do some grain matching. I probably will get the kitchen done just in time for the garage to be real nice and hot and muggy .....LOL.

Corey

·
Retired Moderator
5,688 Posts
challagan said:
Hey thanks for that link Mike. Have you ordered from them before? Is there stuff straight and flat? I need that as as I have no jointer or planer. Thanks again for the link!

Corey
Corey,

You don't need a jointer or planer.... get yourself a couple of good hand planes and problem solved :sold:

·
Retired Moderator
4,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Bob N said:
Corey,

You don't need a jointer or planer.... get yourself a couple of good hand planes and problem solved :sold:
Hey Bob, I have done that and it is something I don't relish, or mustard...or.... OK OK...

If I buy wood and the guy tells me it is flat and straight, it better be flat and straight :) I have had very good luck with:
http://www.sloanswoodshop.com/
Nice people as well. Will have to try Wall out next time.

Corey

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.