Router Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,
I'm new to this forum but have been using a cnc router for years. I use different software but my main one is Rhino, my issue is when I draw out something say a circle or square it comes out smaller, about a 1/16". When I'm on the router and move it with the computer through mach111 (type in 10" say on the Y axis, it moves exactly 10") it is right on the money, but when cutting it's off.
I'm thinking it's in mach111 somewhere, a setting, a box that is or isn't checked, anyone have any ideas?
Thank you for any help

·
Registered
16 Posts
In your settings you should have a place to specify bit diameter. If the part is 1/16" small, my guess is that your actual bit size is 1/16" larger in diameter that the setting in your tool setup.

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
Welcome to the forum, Gary.

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
Hi everyone,
I'm new to this forum but have been using a cnc router for years. I use different software but my main one is Rhino, my issue is when I draw out something say a circle or square it comes out smaller, about a 1/16". When I'm on the router and move it with the computer through mach111 (type in 10" say on the Y axis, it moves exactly 10") it is right on the money, but when cutting it's off.
I'm thinking it's in mach111 somewhere, a setting, a box that is or isn't checked, anyone have any ideas?
Thank you for any help
welcome to the forums Gary...

you are not compensating for bit diameter...

·
Official Greeter
Ross
8,358 Posts
Welcome to the forum Gary.

·
Official Greeter
18,753 Posts
G'day Gary, welcome to the forum.

Let is know if the above responses solve you problem. We have a separate section specializing in CNC issues....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts