Router Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a PC 690 with the fixed and plunge bases. I bought them before I was ready to use them because I got a good price at Sears. The plunge base has not been used and has been in the case since I bought it except when I took it out to see that it worked. I have used the fixed base once or twice. Last night I took the plunge base out of the case planning to use it today. The inside of the base had what seemed to be several black specks on the surface. When I tried to clean the base I discovered that they were pits. Some are fairly deep and about the size of a pencil lead. The fixed base is not pitted but shows some discoloration. I think these bases are cast and maybe what I'm seeing are casting flaws. I've e-mailed PC but it will be next week before they reply. If anyone of you have had a similar problem or an idea of what is the cause of the pitting I will appreciate your input. TIA

·
Banned
11,934 Posts
It sure sounds like a casting flaw. I cant imagine what would corrode those bases. Keep an eye on it, my guess is the pits wont change. Not much you can do about it other than wiping it down with some WD40 and then a dry cloth. They shouldnt be a problem.

Mike

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Reible.............I haven't mastered posting photos on line yet. Maybe PC will have an answer .....if they answer. Thanks anyway.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ANICEONE2HOLD.........That's what I'm going to do.......they're not hurting anything yet. My PC 7518 dosen't have this problem. Thanks DON

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
DONALD said:
Reible.............I haven't mastered posting photos on line yet. Maybe PC will have an answer .....if they answer. Thanks anyway.
If you want to proceed with pictures let me know I can walk you through the process or message me and I will provide an e-mail address where you can send them for me to process and post for you.

What ever you decide keep us posted as to what is going on.

Ed

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.