Router Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Retired Moderator
2,093 Posts
Viper I had this problem with my Dewalt planer. I put wax on my tables. If that don't work take the advise from Routerbit. Because what he says could be the problem. But try some wax on your tables just don't over do it because if you use to much you could get a film on your wood.

·
Premium Member
508 Posts
I just went through feed problems with my Planer last week and could not figure out what was wrong. It ended up being dull blades that was causing the problem and talk about noisy it would wake up the whole neighbor hood when I would try to plane any kind of wood but Oak was the worst. LOL I also thought it was slipping rollers so I cleaned them and I also waxed the table again but still no good. So the next choice was change the blades. About 30 minutes later I was up making saw dust again. WOW it was just like the day it was new. I changed my first set after running about 50 Pallets worth of wood throught it they are rough on blades.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Look to see if you are in a bind. When you bring down the head lock and force it to the table that will put to much pressure on the wood. Look at your infeed roller stand. And look how much you are removing at one time. Look at the wood is it bowed if so witch way.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a Ryobi planer that was developing the same problem. I UNPLUGGED IT, cranked the head all the way up and cleaned the rollers with acetone. It seems to have fixed the problem. You have to "bump" the power a few times to rotate the rollers to new areas to be cleaned -- wait for everything to stop and pull the plug again before putting your hands back down there! I tried turning the head by hand to turn the rollers, but the gearing is so high that it would take all day to get them to rotate once around. Oh, and be really careful not to cut yourself on the blades -- DAMHIKT. You should carefully turn the cutter head so that the blades are hidden before you work on the rollers each time. I also waxed the bottom and infeed and outfeed tables.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.