Router Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm making a cribbage board. It will have two layers, each 3/4" thick. Top one is the board itself. Bottom layer is for card and peg storage. I would like to "join" these two boards in one corner with a rivet type of joiner. What I picture is a 1.5" t shaped top with a mating t shaped bottom,with one barrel slightly larger than the other. Drill an appropriate hole; slip one barrel into the hole. Slip second barrel into the first barrel. Press or hammer them together. Presto -- a nice looking, permanent and functional swivel joiner for the two boards with dime sized discs showing on top and bottom.

But how it works is secondary. Main thing is to have a nice looking, permanent and functional swivel joiner for the two boards. I don't think screw type (t nuts) of joinery would work because it would be prone to coming loose and falling apart.

I'm pretty sure what I'm looking for is out there. I just don't know what to call it or where to look.

·
Retired Moderator
16,385 Posts

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
Prertty sure if i went into my local office supply store and asked for 'sex bolts' I'd be ushered out... :)
I doubt it...
try it and get back to us..

Reactions: sreilly

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
that's what you call a reputation???
SNORK!!!!

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
Heck I'll give it a go.....maybe I'll get a boost in my reputation! Just checking the bail fund.....
it's entertaining...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.