Router Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. I just signed up as a new member. Have lots of routers. Some new bought retail and a ton of others from flea markets.

Like an idiot, I lent my rounter to a neighbor and it came back broke. Craftsman Industrial Electronic Plunge Router: Model No: 315-275061.

The plunge release actuator now doesn't operate. Is there some trick I'm missing? The plunger is all the way up and locked. I can't seem to release it. The plunge release actuator button moves but doesn't release. I don't want to start taking it apart. Thanks to anyone who can shed some light on this problem.

HARRY

·
Registered
23,786 Posts
Hi Harry

It can happen if your neighbor is King Kong, get the tools out and take it down I'm sure it will release once it's down to parts. than if the neighbor ask again tell him I'm sorry it's broke down :) but they have a good deal going on them at the store..you can lend your wife out she will back like new but not your tools :(

I like the old joke about the neighbor and your tools,,the guy called his neighbor up and ask him if could put his power saw in his garage and the neighbor ,said, sure but why, because ,I like to have all my tools in one place.. :)

=======

Hello. I just signed up as a new member. Have lots of routers. Some new bought retail and a ton of others from flea markets.

Like an idiot, I lent my rounter to a neighbor and it came back broke. Craftsman Industrial Electronic Plunge Router: Model No: 315-275061.

The plunge release actuator now doesn't operate. Is there some trick I'm missing? The plunger is all the way up and locked. I can't seem to release it. The plunge release actuator button moves but doesn't release. I don't want to start taking it apart. Thanks to anyone who can shed some light on this problem.

HARRY

·
Registered
130 Posts
You could try light tapping with a plastic-tipped or wood mallet. That might "pop" something stuck loose again.

I found the manual for this router at Hammerwall's web site. There are instructions on page 19 on how to disassemble the plunge actuator in the hand grip. The manual is in PDF format and it's a free download, just click on the link called "Manual location".

·
Registered
10,671 Posts
Greetings and welcome to the router forum. Thank you for joining us, and remember to have fun, build well and above all be safe.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts