Router Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys i really hope you can help me with this one.
i keep on trying to mill a sign or an 3d object but i keep having the same issue when ever i select my home position on my material this being wood when i load the file in to universal gcode sender pus run or send my machine starts running and mooving to its first position as it should but every time it plunges deep as far as it can go in to the wood it cant moove because of how deep its gone and burns the wood , no matter what i do it happens all the time so HEELLLLP! please

·
Administrator
David - Machinist in wood
4,315 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Where are you setting your Z zero in the software and are you setting it the same way on the machine? If you're setting Z zero for the spoilboard in your software and then setting Z zero on top of the work piece on your machine it is definitely going to plunge deeper than you want. Make sure they match.

David

·
Registered
Mike
3,959 Posts
One other thing to check is the gcode file. Open it in notepad and make sure it looks correct.
Also, If you are trying to cut a 3D project, did you use a roughing pass to get rid of all the extra material before you ran the finish pass?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.