The dovetail gadget did not work in aspire 9.0
I was amazed how well this went and went together , its a strong box
and no glue was used
Also this project is ideal for a 4x8 CNC table

Attachments

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Nicely done, John. Both the box and the video.

The only thing I dislike about that dovetail gadget is the unavoidable dogbone gaps it has to leave to account for the round bit. Dovetail joints done with a dovetail bit and the boards clamped vertically are not impossible but one of the most challenging joints to create tool paths for. I've done a few for my students when their projects demanded/deserved it and my brain has to take a rest for a few days after each.

4D

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I agree with the dog bone . mind you one could switch to an 1/8 bit but time wise it would be terrible and filling the holes is really not a solution
I did this stool awhile back and you can see here the square fit is better and I think it was an 1/8 bit , tighter fit well nicer to look at

Attachments

·
Registered
Mike
3,940 Posts
Stan I just quickly downloaded the updated Dovetail Gadget and it would only install in my VCarve Pro V9 but I copied and pasted into the Aspire V9 Gadget folder and tried it out it does work with Aspire V9 now. I don't understand why it only installs into VCarve Pro and not Aspire.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.