Router Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
Retired since June 2000
15,065 Posts
I suppose this pedal operated one I made a while back based on a design by former member Niki from Poland fits your description of a router lifter Levon. I use it mainly for fast, accurate dowelling but it's excellent for hoisting my Triton for fast above the table cutter changes.
If you were to ask ME if one is necessary my answer would be NO, but some woodworkers find that for THEIR particular type of woodworking, a lifter is a must. Levon, you'll know when YOU need one, you'll one day start to make things and think to yourself, "gee, if I only had a lifter, this job would be so much easier!" Until that day, your money can be better spent.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
Retired since June 2000
15,065 Posts
Levon, plunge routing with a circle cutting jig like I and many others use is far safer, you can SEE what is happening, and in the unlikely event of something going wrong, simply release pressure from the router and up shoots the cutter into the safety of the housing.

·
Premium Member
Retired since June 2000
15,065 Posts
Bj, I have never doubted that circles can be cut using the method you have shown, but please do me a favour and rout a 4" hole in a 1" piece of MDF using both methods and tell me honestly (I know you you are always honest) which was the easiest, safest of the two. In the past it's been difficult to get you to try "new" methods, but when you finally have done, you have been pleasantly surprised on more than one occasion. The only plus factor that I can see in your method is that the groove will remain clear of debris.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.