Router Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i would like to poll senior members about router lifts as a matter of interest.

i see mostly from new members discussions about router lifts.

how many of our older more experienced members use router lifts??

no disrespect meant, just curious.

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi levon,

Don't know if I'm an "older" or even "more experienced" member :haha: but I had a lift on my M12V that I sold to BJ a while back and really enjoyed it. I do not have a lift on my DW618, but really find that I do not need one using the fixed base in the table. Now how is that for a fickled answer? :fie:

Seriously, I think the lifts are great on the larger more heavy routers, and only an expensive luxury on the smaller less heavy ones. With so many routers coming with the lift built in now, I think it is a nice convenience no matter what the size. You can really zero in on the accruacy with one much easier than without.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it :yes4:
hi Bob,

i consider you an expert! thanks for speaking up. i have been curious about this for awhile. btw, you got anything else for sale?? you gotta give me a small chance next time!:laugh:

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for the input Ken.

im a fisherman and buying lures reminds me of some router accessories. lots of lures are made to catch the fisherman, not the fish:)

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hi Rusty,

you always seem to give an honest opinion, i like that!

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi levon

Like Bob said I got one from him, and you know me I did rework it into a power lift,works great now :)one button and it go's up or down..

=====

hi BobJ,

if you had said you used it like it was and didnt rework it i would have thought you were an imposter, lol.

Now i know its you talking!:jester:

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
hi Ronald

what if your using a circle cutting jig to cut a circle on the router table and need to raise the height several times and dont want to take the circle and jig off the table? i hope you understand what im trying to say?

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
i use the plunge way too, but have seen some do circles on the table. what i was trying to show is that if you have some type jig mounted to the table and moving it will make it difficult to reposition exactly, then you have a problem with the hole for above table adjustments.

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
i see you see what im saying BobJ. and there are probably numerous ways to make projects where you need to do projects and need to make multiple passes and the above table adjustment is covered by the stock or jig.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.