Router Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
I went without a lift for 11 yrs. Since having the lift my set up and take downs are half the time. I used brass bars to set many height adjustments, however most adjustments for anything other than straight bits don't allow for that simplicity. Now with the lift and a notepad for info bit adjustments (especially) for duplications are fast and accurate to .100".

I've gone a smidge further, my impetus deriving from the motorized lift Mr. Nixon and Bobj3 use. I'm using my cordless drill driver to fast raise and lower the bit from above the table for switch outs only making it even faster. I already had a 1/4: drive head for the drill and bought a couple sockets from Sears.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Hi Ron

I did the same as you for a bit but the stock was always blocking the hole for the lift device,
This is the you lost me part Bobj3 not the power lift. We discussed the Nixon version a few months ago and you sent me the plans for it.

Again, why was the routing stock in the way of the table top crank?

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
My circle cutting jig doesn't get in the way of the crank hole. I can cut a 36" circle before the stock gets in the way. Although I never cut one over 2 feet.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.