Router Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
Carpenter & Joiner
7 Posts
Saw some You Tube videos on this and r4alized it's the answer to the design flaws of my crappy Craftsman router. Biggest problems were the height adjustment mechanism is useless and the dust collection adapter was on the wrong side, requiring removing 2 tiny screws to remove it in order to change bits. After battling with these issues for a few years I am thrilled to have found the solution. I removed the rack and alignment pin so that I could rotate the router body 180, solving the dust collector adapter problem and allowing the jack to easily raise the router to the needed height. It's also now easy to slide the router body in and out of the base for frequent cleaning. View attachment 397864 View attachment 397865
After viewing lots of router lifts this is the easiest method I have come across. I use the jack in my Triton router table. I have also found other uses for the threaded rod on the jack and also the threaded rod in the jockey wheel from a trailed

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.