Router Forums banner
21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
I've been thinking of some sign designs but have not come up with one yet. I know if will at least contain the words "POPS SHOP"! LOL

Here ya go Frank!!! Any Size you want it.[/QUOTE]

John, that is FREAKIN' AWESOME!!!!
Let me figure a size and I will PM you for the price.
Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Nice looking shed. I might have to pull a surprise visit and check it out!
Come on over Mike. If the truck is in the driveway I'm home......well, more than likely in the backyard in my shop!

Reactions: MT Stringer

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Pops Shop Update 8/1/2017

The insulation was installed today. Now it's my turn to get busy putting up the paneling. As soon as I have the walls covered my electrician can complete his job....and I will have a saw dust generating building!!!

On another note.....no more worrying about the first "Uh-Oh" happening........
I was moving a can of paint and found out the hard way the lid was not on tight.

Note TO self.....check the lids on paint cans before moving them.

Note FROM self.....lesson learned.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,056 Posts
certainly tempts one to expand ones vocabulary :)

Reactions: Frankj3

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
certainly tempts one to expand ones vocabulary :)
Yep, I said, "Well shucky-darn!" quite a few times. Then referenced the cement walls that hold back the deep ponds of water a few more.......LOL

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 · (Edited)
I couldn't add the video here because it is an MP4 format. But here is a link to my YouTube channel where I have the video. It's very close to completion. I need to add the trim and machinery....then the sawdust can fly! Yep, this old man feels like a kid at Christmas.......:)

·
Registered
4,371 Posts
Take pictures Frank. It'll never be that clean again!!!

Where's the CNC go???

You need more space.

Congrats!!! I know you've been wanting this a long time.

·
Premium Member
6,056 Posts
I'm thinking this shed is going to be a place where MUCH-MUCH more than woodworking happens :)

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Well, after quite a bit of work, the building is complete. Next phase is the building of the work benches. I have several ideas to choose from.....but I know my carving bench will be mounted to the wall on hinges. I will have folding legs so I can lower it all down out of the way when I am not carving.

But for now, here are a few pictures of the completed interior.....prior to any clean up. LOL

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,056 Posts
I call dibs on the office chair in the corner :)

·
Registered
4,371 Posts
You did make allowances for a desk, recliner, internet connection, satellite or cable TV, and fridge didn't you???

Looking good!!!!!

·
Registered
23 Posts
How do you like your lighting choice so far?

I'm at that stage of upgrading pitiful lighting in my shop and would love to know how you like those.

Beatific shop FYI...I love it.

Rob

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
How do you like your lighting choice so far?

I'm at that stage of upgrading pitiful lighting in my shop and would love to know how you like those.

Beatific shop FYI...I love it.

Rob

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
Rob,

The LED lights are BRIGHT! Each bar is 4,000 lumens. I plan on lowering the one that will be over my carving bench a little more. I will be sitting in front of a window too, so I should not have any issues with shadows.

I bought these lights from Home Depot and I love them!! In my opinion, LED lights are the way to go.

We are going to have some heavy rainfall for a few days as this hurricane comes ashore down south of us. We are out of the landfall area but we are on the "dirty" side......meaning the east side of the storm. That means we get the rains as the storms spins and slings the bans out from the eye.

So what this means is.....I don't get to build my benches and set up my tools this weekend. Dang it!!!! LOL

Thanks for the compliments!

·
Registered
2,603 Posts
Wow, that's huge, mine is 8X12. Either that or none, so I opted for a sure thing. Mine was put up by one guy, all pre-cut, in half a day.

Here's a tip. Paint it white inside, the glossiest paint you can find, and at least two coats; I'd suggest a roller. It'll look like an ice cube at first, but it will dim down when you start filling it up, and sawdust gets on the walls. When I say paint, I mean walls, ceiling, floor, doors, everything. It will make a large difference in lightening the inside over just plain plywood.
Frank I agree with Theo about painting the inside white. I had a shop (24X32) that I built myself and I didn't paint it. I used OSB on walls and ceiling and never had enough lighting.

·
Super Moderator
5,814 Posts
Good luck with the Storm, Frank. If you need to go, gimme a holler. I am near 1-10 east and BW8. You can come here. I have some light sanding that needs to get done! :surprise:>:)

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
Good luck with the Storm, Frank. If you need to go, gimme a holler. I am near 1-10 east and BW8. You can come here. I have some light sanding that needs to get done! :surprise:>:)
Mike, I appreciate the offer to help you sand......but everyone says I need to paint my walls, ceilings and floor of my shop. So I guess I will stay home. LOL

·
Premium Member
6,056 Posts
LED's are definitely the way to go Frank...The one thing about them I really like is that they do not "settle in" after some run time. At a minimum I'd paint the wall where you'll be spending most of your working time with a high gloss white latex. A good primer first. That ply is gonna suck up the paint. A good auxiliary light with a magnetic base should suffice at other locations. But, heck, ya got the paint out, you got the brush out, you're already gonna paint something, so why not just go for it. If your going to paint the floor, paint it last :) That way, you won't have to worry about being too terribly neat about painting the rest of it. Personally i wouldn't bother with the ceiling.

Stay right and tight with the storm blowing in....sounding like you folks are going to get ALOT of water in a short amount of time...

21 - 39 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.