Router Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a PC 7539 mounted to a table and I would like to know what is the best lifting system for it. I am looking at the "Router Raizer" to have above the table control. Has anyone used this set up or have you found another that would do the job?

·
Official Greeter
18,736 Posts
G’day Ellsworth

Welcome to the router forum.

Thank you for joining us

·
Registered
337 Posts
Hi Ellsworth,

I'm pretty sure the 7539 is capable of above table adjustment via an optional crank/knob. Unless for some reason you can't use the built in "lift", you really don't need to spend the money.

Mike

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Table mounted 7539

Hi Ellsworth,

I'm pretty sure the 7539 is capable of above table adjustment via an optional crank/knob. Unless for some reason you can't use the built in "lift", you really don't need to spend the money.

Mike
Now that is good news! I will have to take the plate off of it and see. I got the router from my brother and didn't know much about it other than it worked fine when I built a kitchen pantry for my wife. I used it to make raised panel doors.

Thanks for the tip, that will definitely save some money.

ells

·
Registered
19 Posts
The one thing to check is if it will allow you to change bits without removing it from the table. Might not be a big thing if it is plate mounted.

·
Registered
23,786 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
can not find optional crank or knob

Hi Ellsworth,

Mike
I looked at my router and can't find anywhere a crank would be used. Do you know if Porter Cable ever sold such a thing or if somebody else does? I looked at Woodpeckers site and they have a side winder attachment to a lift they sell but for a small fortune. I I could hook just the side winder part up it would really do the trick but that does not look possible.

Ells

·
Registered
23,786 Posts
Hi Ells

The 7539 is Not setup with the device you need to use for a lift.
But you can add one with the "routerraizer" device
Router Raizer

Amazon.com: Porter-Cable 7539 3-1/4-Horsepower Speedmatic 5-Speed Plunge Router: Home Improvement

Amazon.com: Porter-Cable 75301 Height Adjuster: Home Improvement

==========

I looked at my router and can't find anywhere a crank would be used. Do you know if Porter Cable ever sold such a thing or if somebody else does? I looked at Woodpeckers site and they have a side winder attachment to a lift they sell but for a small fortune. I I could hook just the side winder part up it would really do the trick but that does not look possible.

Ells

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Router Raizer

I finally bought the Router Raizer. I could not find anything else for the PC 7539 with my cost limitations. Installing the Router Raizer took way longer than the 1-1/2 hours suggested in the instructions, (although now after I have done one I could probably do another one in that time), the installation also required that I force one of the posts out of the aluminum casting, (which I was afraid would end up in breaking the casting), and drilling a hole in the casting. I also had to drill a hold in the plastic above the switch. I choose to do this all under the watchful eye of a fellow woodworker, it is a two man job. In the end everything looked good and it does what it is supposed to do. You end up paying alot for somebody's engineering there certainly is not $90.00 worth of parts in the kit but it does the job and you don't have to sink a fortune in it.

Hi Ells

The 7539 is Not setup with the device you need to use for a lift.
But you can add one with the "routerraizer" device
Router Raizer

Amazon.com: Porter-Cable 7539 3-1/4-Horsepower Speedmatic 5-Speed Plunge Router: Home Improvement

Amazon.com: Porter-Cable 75301 Height Adjuster: Home Improvement

==========

·
Registered
38 Posts
I have a PC 7539 mounted to a table and I would like to know what is the best lifting system for it. I am looking at the "Router Raizer" to have above the table control. Has anyone used this set up or have you found another that would do the job?
I have had the same setup for a number of years and have been very happy with it.

Tom:dance3:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts