Router Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently obtained a PC 890 router that had a mild vibration - nothing serious, but not what I expected. Turns out, the early 890 routers have a recall - they say that vibration can cause insulation abrasion that leads to a electrical shock potential.

Here's what I think is going on - when I took it apart, the bearing was loose on the shaft and the shaft diameter was 19.98mm rather than the expected 20.00. Seems small, but might be the cause for the vibration.

Anyway, I contacted PC and am expecting a replacement. If you have an early 890 router, go to the PC website and check your serial number to see if its included. They will also want your MOD (made on date) number.

Looks like there's a lot of complaints about PC quality (look at the Amazon website). Probably should have got a Bosch.

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
I will have to check mine I just bought in late Jan.or right early Feb need to dig up reciept , I did get it on a heck of a sale so just my luck it will prolly crap out soon haha

·
Marine Engineer
Doug
4,899 Posts
I've got 3, two were the first generation, one from about a year ago. Not a problem with any of them.

There's lemons everywhere, I'm sure. Any router you pick up second hand may have been used heavily, and show some wear.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts