Router Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Speedmatic Model UBM That my Dad bought in the 50's when they first came out that is my favorite go to router. It has been running great but lately has been losing rpm. I took the bearing cover off the brush end and cleaned and re greased that bearing but don't know how to get the case separated to work on the collet end. I am wondering if anyone has a manual for this old girl. thanks

·
Registered
Theo
7,194 Posts
I don't even have manuals for my own, let alone yours. But my first step in looking for a manual, for anything, is to do a thorough search on-line, and by thorough I don't mean 2 or 3 pages, I mean a LOT of pages. Sometimes come up with some very interesting, but unrelated, things that way. If desperate, I even check ebay.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't even have manuals for my own, let alone yours. But my first step in looking for a manual, for anything, is to do a thorough search on-line, and by thorough I don't mean 2 or 3 pages, I mean a LOT of pages. Sometimes come up with some very interesting, but unrelated, things that way. If desperate, I even check ebay.
I have searched online for manuals and too have found interesting things. I did the e-bay thing and ended up buying another P/C Guild model 1100 router and base that match the one I also have. Thank's for the reply and I will continue my search, there is just something about the older routers and other tools from that era that you don't find in today's.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.