Router Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for parts for a Montgomery Ward PowerKraft Scroll saw like the one in the picture. I need a couple things if anyone has one in a junk pile and want to make a couple bucks.

·
Registered
2,603 Posts
Hello, Ben and welcome. I can't help you with parts but I will say I wouldn't spend much money on it unless it was for sentimental reasons. I would look for one on Craigs List.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know. It's is a peace of crap, but I have a sickness when it comes to old tools. This post is my last ditch effort before I make myself get rid of it.
-Thanks for the reply.

·
Super Moderator
6,829 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum, Ben

Reactions: Ben Buckley

·
Registered
Theo
6,907 Posts
Depending on what the parts are, you might be able to make them.

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
I know. It's is a peace of crap, but I have a sickness when it comes to old tools. This post is my last ditch effort before I make myself get rid of it.
-Thanks for the reply.
what parts do you need???
ol' arn is a life i n it's own...

·
Registered
Theo
6,907 Posts
Yeah, was going to say, should be no problem finding a new lower spring. As for the top spring, looks like that would be plenty easy to make. Plenty of instructions on line on how to do something like that, and some of them are even worthwhile. Basically, get proper steel, shape it, temper it. Not made any springs myself, but know a number of people who have, and that's basically how they do it. Once in awhile they get a spring that breaks, but just make another, no biggie.

·
Super Moderator
5,770 Posts
Welcome aboard, Ben. Even if you chunk it, don't chunk us with it. Stick around. There is plenty of old arn on this forum! :surprise::grin::grin::grin:

·
Super Moderator
6,829 Posts
That saw would cost $495.00 in todays market! I guess you would call that inflation.

·
Official Greeter
Ross
8,314 Posts
Welcome to the forum Ben.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts