Router Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There was a thread a while ago (MT Stringer) getting errors uploading photos - .jpg. I'm trying to upload some photos with the jpg extension and the site is telling me the png file has the wrong extension. Of course it does - it's not a png.

Anyone else having this issue recently?

Secondly - can someone tell me how to upload several photos and add text between them? I normally do a drag and drop but that attaches the pics and doesn't give me the option of adding text between them.

Thanks

·
Retired Moderator
16,385 Posts
I had problems uploading in the past but I think the problem was mostly my computer. I'm not aware of a way to add text in between either but I downloaded Irfanview and it allows me to add text into the picture so I added basic text and a number for each photo recently so I could refer to each photo specifically with text and the reader could at least go to that photo so they could see what I was describing.

·
Super Moderator
5,772 Posts
There was a thread a while ago (MT Stringer) getting errors uploading photos - .jpg. I'm trying to upload some photos with the jpg extension and the site is telling me the png file has the wrong extension. Of course it does - it's not a png.

Anyone else having this issue recently?

Secondly - can someone tell me how to upload several photos and add text between them? I normally do a drag and drop but that attaches the pics and doesn't give me the option of adding text between them.

Thanks
You would have to upload your pictures to a third party site like Photobucket. Then copy the link and paste it into your text wherever you want it to appear.

Picture goes here.

They offer four options. I chose the "IMG" link and copied it.
Hope this helps.

·
Registered
3,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OK, thanks, I can use Flickr. Still having issues trying to add an image - just won't go - the forum thinks I'm trying to upload a png file - not true. This is the same issue you had earlier this year Mike - do you remember how it was fixed, or did it just start working automagically?

·
Super Moderator
5,772 Posts
OK, thanks, I can use Flickr. Still having issues trying to add an image - just won't go - the forum thinks I'm trying to upload a png file - not true. This is the same issue you had earlier this year Mike - do you remember how it was fixed, or did it just start working automagically?
I think Cricket had to get the boys to check it out.

·
Registered
749 Posts
The way I upload photos. I select post a reply write what I want to say. I then select go to advanced. Under advanced I select manage attachments. A window will open and click on browse. Select under browse the picture you want to upload. Double click the photo or push the button open. Last push the button upload. You are done uploading a photo.

If your photo is from an iPhone make sure you right click the photo and edit select save the photo on your computer before you upload to the web. Otherwise the image orientation may be off.

·
Registered
3,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Lee - thanks - I've easily uploaded photos many times and I usually use the drag and drop feature. Seems today the site would let me upload any jpg's and kept telling me they were png with the wrong extension - Mike had that problem months ago and was eventually resolved by @Cricket so I'll wait until she's sees the post.

In the meantime, I created a post earlier today and embedded links to some photos I have on Flickr, per Mike's suggestion, as I wanted to add text/description between the photos inline.

Vince

·
Registered
749 Posts
I have never had drag and drop work very well. I use Windows 10 with the edge browser which may be part of the problem. What I posted seems to work all the time.

·
Retired Moderator
16,385 Posts
Vince I moved this thread to the Vertical Scope help sub forum. The tech team at VS get alerted when you post in that sub forum and Cricket will see it there as well.

·
Administrator
576 Posts
Hey there

I am not seeing any issue with the photo uploader. Have you tried clearing your cache and cookies?
Can you let us know the details of the photo you were trying to upload?

As for inserting images between text - once the images are uploaded (you can use the drag and drop), click on the Paperclip icon. This will list all your attachments now. Make sure your cursor is where you want the image to appear in your post:

7eb3b5c667a07280a7e771e5085d1c6d6257f7dc_full.jpg

And then select that image from your attachment list in the Paperclip icon.

Dayle

·
Registered
3,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
@Admin

I'm trying to upload a jpg - it's 318 KB, so it's pretty small. The file name is: 20161207_130341.jpg

I've tried both the drag and drop and selecting the paper clip, then browsing to the file and clicking on the "upload" button.

The error I get is "This PNG image has the incorrect file extension."

I've cleared my cache and still no go.

·
Registered
Oliver (Prof. Henry)
2,195 Posts
@Admin

I'm trying to upload a jpg - it's 318 KB, so it's pretty small. The file name is: 20161207_130341.jpg

I've tried both the drag and drop and selecting the paper clip, then browsing to the file and clicking on the "upload" button.

The error I get is "This PNG image has the incorrect file extension."

I've cleared my cache and still no go.
Have you tried opening the photo in an image editing program like Photoshop and re-saving it as a jpeg with a different name? It is possible it really is a PNG image that has JPG as it's extension.

·
Registered
3,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Just testing

Oliver - I had checked the properties of the image and it showed an extension of .jpg. However, I opened it it Infranview and the extension was in fact .png. That was a surprise. You'd think I haven't been working with computers for a million years!! So I saved it as a .png from Infranview and am now able to post. Ignore the image.

Attachments

1 - 17 of 17 Posts