Router Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Ryobi R161 (not a plunge router) with RT101 router table. I have used it half a dozen times in accordance with the operating manuals.

The depth adjusting ring has became completely immovable. Clamping lever does move, but adjustment not possible. Is there anything I can do, or am I just our of luck because this is a little inexpensive router, out of warranty? It has done every small job I needed, and is in almost new condition.

I thought maybe I should post to existing R161 thread, but could not find how to do that.

All help appreciated!

Thank you!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This is an excellent forum! Appreciate all the advice I have received. I hope to provide help at some point, rather than needing it, and will certainly post what the cure turns out to be.

Monday is here, but next weekend I hope to work on the problem. I now think that the base just screws onto the motor housing using the spiral track, but of course I can't remove it to clean it because it is stuck. The real mystery is how immovable the needle roller #46 is. I would have thought it would at least rotate a little in its socket. It certainly won't move in or out!

Will at least consult the Ryobi repair shop. At least it is in the same state. Thinking of an oil filter wrench, but with a strong feeling the adjustment ring will break.

Maybe a person with more knowledge than I have could combine this thread with the other one I started when I was blundering around? It is /general-routing/26505-ryobi-depth-adjustment-stuck-new-post.html Wish I hadn't done that. My apologies.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.