Router Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Don't get me wrong, I love the forum and the many friends that I have made on it, but, while I can get around on it to the extent that I need to, it is, for me anyway, much like W10 in that it is a challenge in regard to the extra nuggets that are available, or so seem to be available. Just my opinion, probably due to my age and computer illeracy.

Jerry

·
Premium Member
19,229 Posts
My wife and I were just discussing the fact we're behind on tech. We're just coasting along on what's comfortable. Some of it is that the learning curve on new stuff is annoying and the gains in what you can do are a bit insignificant. For example, Office 2003 is in most ways the best suite out there. Even runs fine in Win 10. Drop down menus are superior to the recycled Word Perfect menus (ribbons) because they get out of the way. Oh well, at least we're still trying.

·
Premium Member
14,852 Posts
The way that I found my way around the forum was to not be shy in asking questions Jerry.

·
Super Moderator
5,771 Posts
@Jerry Bowen

Hey Jerry. Good to see you posting again. I was wondering how you were getting along.

So...here is what I do normally

1) When I first bring up the "Home" Page I want to see if anyone has responded to posts I have posted in. I do that by clicking on "Account Settings". For me, it is on the upper right portion of the screen. That will generate a list of any threads with responses.

2), If I want to see NEW threads, I click on NEW POSTS.

3) If I want to see all threads that have been active lately, I click on ACTIVE POSTS.

4) By Clicking on FORUMS, I can then scroll down through them and select the one I want to start a new topic in.

5) If I want to find a post that I started but forgot when or where, I click on my username. That generates a drop down menu with other choices. I then click on "Statistics", and select "Find all threads started by MT Stringer". From there, I can scroll through all of the threads I started, and that might be several pages long for frequent posters.

By then I have forgot what I logged on to the site for so I move on...:surprise::grin:

Hope this helps.
Mike

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
@Jerry Bowen

Hey Jerry. Good to see you posting again. I was wondering how you were getting along.

So...here is what I do normally

1) When I first bring up the "Home" Page I want to see if anyone has responded to posts I have posted in. I do that by clicking on "Account Settings". For me, it is on the upper right portion of the screen. That will generate a list of any threads with responses.

2), If I want to see NEW threads, I click on NEW POSTS.

3) If I want to see all threads that have been active lately, I click on ACTIVE POSTS.

4) By Clicking on FORUMS, I can then scroll down through them and select the one I want to start a new topic in.

5) If I want to find a post that I started but forgot when or where, I click on my username. That generates a drop down menu with other choices. I then click on "Statistics", and select "Find all threads started by MT Stringer". From there, I can scroll through all of the threads I started, and that might be several pages long for frequent posters.

By then I have forgot what I logged on to the site for so I move on...:surprise::grin:

Hope this helps.
Mike
Thanks Mike, I'll I'll try what you suggest, so much is just trial and error.

Jerry

1 - 5 of 5 Posts