Router Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm 80. Started work as Apprentice Cabinet Maker before portable electric tools became readily available. UK National Service intervened when I was 18 and on Discharge my Firm had gone 'Bust' so I joined the Police Service and since retirement played at Model Engineering
(Locomotives 5" Guage) until items got too heavy - metal is heavier than wood! So I've got my old tools out and reverted to bashing wood to fill in my time to the inevitable!

I've collected most of the modern hand and power tools in my new (clean) workshop including a Stanley Dovetail Jig for a router - the jig is of 1950-60 vintage but have no instruction manual for it, which is the motivation for joing this forum - to get a copy of the manual from someone before I start wasting too much
h wood!

·
Official Greeter
Ross
8,327 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Have a look through the manuals section on the forum and you may find what you are after or something very close. If not I am sure someone will be along to give you a hand.

·
Super Moderator
John
6,835 Posts
:) Hello and welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
8,954 Posts
I'm 80. Started work as Apprentice Cabinet Maker before portable electric tools became readily available. UK National Service intervened when I was 18 and on Discharge my Firm had gone 'Bust' so I joined the Police Service and since retirement played at Model Engineering
(Locomotives 5" Guage) until items got too heavy - metal is heavier than wood! So I've got my old tools out and reverted to bashing wood to fill in my time to the inevitable!

I've collected most of the modern hand and power tools in my new (clean) workshop including a Stanley Dovetail Jig for a router - the jig is of 1950-60 vintage but have no instruction manual for it, which is the motivation for joing this forum - to get a copy of the manual from someone before I start wasting too much
h wood!
You might try here for information:

http://www.routerforums.com/general-routing/14433-manual-stanley-82913-dovetail-jig-3.html

Herb

1 - 7 of 7 Posts