Router Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm just wondering, does anyone else use "crafting paper" to draw out an possibly use as templates for their plans? Perhaps this is an old subject but, I am new to this particular forum.

I haven't done much work with wood even though my grand dad was a cabinet maker. I've done much more work with metal. With metal, it's always been much easier to rough draw your plans, then redefine those plans, cut the paper for a template, then transer those plans to the metal.

Ken

·
Registered
558 Posts
If you have the opportunity watch David Marks -An excellent woodworker- he says every project should begin with a drawing. While I agree mine are usually not as involved as his.
If you liked working metal you will love working wood and many of the skills are transferable. Have fun.

Regards
Jerry

·
Registered
132 Posts
Every thing I make goes on paper first and then maybe to a hard construction paper.I buy my firsi drawing paper with 1/8" sq, and then I go frome there,
Learning Herb

·
Premium Member
3,437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Many thanks. With metal, I've always been able to draw out the pic/outline. Cut an tape to hold in place to see how it fits an works. Amazing what a pair of scissors can do to make something work. ;)

Ken

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.