Router Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was feeling the need to build something that would keep my band saw blades protected and organized when not being used and I came across a plan to build a wall hung case, picture 1. I had built a cabinet that was going to hang near my drill press and had built two of them so I decided to use one to store my hand held routers, picture 2 & 3. Pictures 4-8 show the table saw cabinet which is on wheels and fits under the auxiliary table. The last image is the foundation to the outfeed stands that will have three different tops to choose from made from soft maple. Of course none have finishes on them just yet.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That shop is way too clean.... But good looking projects nonetheless
You must not be married......Actually my office is usually a mess with piles of stuff all over the desk but the shop, well it needs to stay reasonably clean. First it was because of out Golden but we lost her 2 weeks ago to cancer and to be honest that really hasn't fully set in. But then I also need to keep it clean so neither my wife or I trip and fall on anything. I've been so use to vacuuming after working on stuff and with the CV1800, multiple outlets and the long hose and floor tool it really means an extra 5-10 minutes and everyone is happy. Stuff is put away and tools cleaned off. Now if I could do that in my office it would be far easier to find things.....sometimes.

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
@sreilly Very nice. Be sure to post pictures of the OF table when done. Looks interesting.
Herb
Herb,

That's from a set of plans I bought a few years ago from Wood Magazine. It's dated 2001 so the hardware references are a bit dated. It's their 3-in-1 Outfeed table. With 3 different table tops, one having a slick plastic top, another with 5/8" rollers, and the third a plywood flat top. It has extension rails to adjust the height. I'll post pics if I ever get it finished. Need to get my jointer back up and running and hopefully that will be this Friday.

·
Premium Member
20,438 Posts
Nice shop. I have some small plastic drawers under the table saw, but the much wider setup you have would work much better. My office(s) inside and outside (shed) are remarkably messy.

·
Registered
834 Posts
I see you are one of those guys that knows haw to fold your band saw blades.

David

·
Registered
Paul
2,008 Posts
Great job on the storage under the saw. After seeing yours, I have to remind myself to never post a photo of mine. ;)

·
Registered
4,625 Posts
Nice job, Steve...great idea to store the saw blades.

You mentioned a floor accessory to vacuum up your floor, I assume...?

Be careful you don't suck up any metal, like screws, just in case they get to the impeller.

Nice shop...good for you for keeping it clean and organized...

Sorry to hear about your Golden...

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks Guys,

I still haven't done much with the stand project. The extensions and hardware are installed but the finish sanding and 3 tops still need to be completed. Maybe in a few weeks I'll get motivated and back in the shop. All parts are rough cut, and dry assembled with exception of the flat top. That would take an hour tops. Most is cut, dry fitted, and now needs sanding and fine fitting then finish applied and assembled. It really is a bigger project than I anticipated but that wasn't helped by my getting side tracked by a few other projects in between.

I also had to work out some not so clear instructions. Assembly of the table tops was also not clear at all and took some thought to get done so they would last and stand up to their intended use. I made a few changes like I usually do hopefully making them somewhat better. Using block spacers on the two boards on the bottom of the table taps to maintain spacing made a difference but wasn't called for.

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Nice job, Steve...great idea to store the saw blades.

You mentioned a floor accessory to vacuum up your floor, I assume...?

Be careful you don't suck up any metal, like screws, just in case they get to the impeller.

Nice shop...good for you for keeping it clean and organized...

Sorry to hear about your Golden...
Nick the floor attachment was for the shop vac but when I got my ShopSmith I also got their DC and found it was OK but not as good as I needed so I used it primarily for clean the shop floors. After I installed the CV1800 I had adapter that would take it from 6" down to 4" and then again to 2". If I had two blast gates open the 2" was fine, where only one it was far to much turbulence. So I have attachments that work on 2" or 4" for floor sweeping and surface sucking....w/the 2" I have the shop vac wands and attachments and the 4" attachments from Rockler.

I appreciate the reference to our Dixie. It's been a while but still very fresh. We haven't been without a dog for over 30 years and just can't do that again. But it's a big adjustment both in habits and routines. Going to town for stuff isn't as rushed to get home and let her out, places to go aren't as planned. Food that hits the floor now needs to be cleaned up where that was automatically taken cared of. It's the little things like the nudges in the morning for wanting to be held or to go out. I really miss that 55 pounds of blonde fur....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts