Router Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to this forum and have never used guides. Thanks to you I was able to purchase a Leigh template adapter for my Ryobi. I purchased a set of brass template guides from Harbor Freight:nono:. After trimming a few 1000's they are centered and fit the Leigh template.
My question: Is there any reason why the barrels protrude at different lengths? I understand the different diameters allow for larger bits, but if my pattern is only a 1/4 or 3/8" thick the larger length barrels are not useable. Do the longer barrels have a use?

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
They did.
They were a PC invention.
And the different barrel lengths accommodated their diverse fixturing.
Some of which still exists.

·
Registered
11,921 Posts
Richard, this is why I recommend the set from Woodcraft where all the guides are the right length for use with 1/4" templates.

Attachments

·
Registered
11,921 Posts
Richard, you will want them a small amount under 1/4" so they have clearance, about .230".

Phillip, There are several solutions and Pat's high precision base is one of them. I use the Bosch parts which work with their dust collection adapters. You will find a list of all the 1617 accessories in a sticky thread at the top of our general routing section.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Mike, what is the title of that sticky. I cannot find it. I know the problem is me but would like to read that thread.
TIA, Bob

·
Registered
577 Posts
Thanks Mike!:yes4:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts