Router Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Retired Moderator
16,385 Posts
Hadn't thought of that one Vinnie. Good tip.

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
great tip Vinnie....

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
add a heel and step it up to a batter level of safety...

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The rubber can be cleaned off every now and then and it gets tackier. Glad I could offer a tip

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
Excellent suggestion. I've purchased just the handles to make my own push blocks as well. Works great for making a jig to push large pieces through a router with a backer block to avoid rip out.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Excellent suggestion. I've purchased just the handles to make my own push blocks as well. Works great for making a jig to push large pieces through a router with a backer block to avoid rip out.
can you share a pic of your block? I'm interested in your idea

·
Registered
4,625 Posts
Great tip, Vinnie...

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
@VinnieLopez

Per your request I've attached a photo of the block. The front piece is the sacrificial backer board. The knobs allow that board to be removed so the sacrificial end can be trimmed off as needed. and re positioned so that the entire piece sits flush with the router fence. Pieces can then be held securely and fed either vertically or horizontally past the bit. The minor gap between the backer board and the pad keeps the bit away from the pad. The "handle" is in fact a bull float that HD sells.

I'm open to suggestions for improvements.

Attachments

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
That's awesome. It's interesting to see different ideas. I love how 5 people can have the same results while employing completely different methods. Thanks for the pic.

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
That's awesome. It's interesting to see different ideas. I love how 5 people can have the same results while employing completely different methods. Thanks for the pic.
Vinnie: That's the beauty of this forum, all ideas are welcomed and reviewed without fear or favor and the net result is the growth in knowledge and skills of one and all.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts