Router Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to build another table w/queen anne legs. The problem being routing the dove tails in the legs. I can do it but it is kind of time consuming. I saw Bob do a table a long time ago using a small jig he made. Anyone remember what it looked like? Or does anyone have a another way?

·
Registered
23,786 Posts
Hi rdinkins

I do recall the Episode, if this is the one you are taking about ,see below (#1209) but I will need to view it on the DVD I have of it to refresh the jig in my head. :)
I will do that if no one eles knows for sure and I will check back on your post on Sat. if that's OK...

Bj :)

1209 - Base Table (Queen Anne)
http://www.routerworkshop.com/series_1200.html#456

The Queen Anne legs are dovetailed into patterned rails.
The low base-table is completed with a molded top to hold the chiffonier chest of drawers or as an accent table for use anywhere in the home or apartment.
For router tips and procedures on this base table, watch episode #1209 of the Router Workshop program.

Plans for Series 1200 projects are not available,but you maybe can buy the Episodes from Oak-Park via a phone call to them.

Just a NOTE ****rdinkins
I think I have seen the 600s run on the woodworking channel, not 100% sure.

The 600s Episodes
The Woodworking Channel
http://www.thewoodworkingchannel.com

601-604 Four Part - Jewelry and Lingerie Cabinet
http://www.routerworkshop.com/S600.html

There are few things so satisfying to build or give than a beautiful "Jewelry and Lingerie Cabinet".
These four parts are each a separate project. When the four projects are combined, they are transformed into this unique cabinet.
601. Jewelry and Lingerie Chest, Part 1 ▼
▼ ▼ ▼ ▼ ▼
Rick shows you how to pattern cut the rails and Bob creates a special jig to dovetail the rails into the "Queen Anne" legs in spite of their shape.
▲ ▲ ▲ ▲ ▲
I did check the Channel and it's not running it now but I'm sure they will again.:)

·
Registered
782 Posts
i seen that one and have it recorded It is a square box that hold's the leg so that it is level with the bed and is cut so that each dove tale is centered where you want it on both sides of the leg I know that doesn't help with the designe of it you probly already figured out what i just posted

·
Registered
23,786 Posts
Well rdinkins

I did check to see if I had that one on DVD and I DON"T all of the 1200 ones but not that one. SORRY :(
BUT maybe del schisler can take a snapshot/capture the one he has and post it for you.

·
Registered
23,786 Posts
Hi rdinkins

Kick on the woodworking channel
http://www.thewoodworkingchannel.com/
The part you want to see is going to show :)

10/29/2006 your time zone PM The Router Workshop Jewelry and Lingerie Chest, Part 1
10/30/2006 your time zone AM The Router Workshop Jewelry and Lingerie Chest, Part 1
10/30/2006 your time zone PM The Router Workshop Jewelry and Lingerie Chest, Part 2

The jig you want is in part 1 :)

·
Registered
782 Posts
queen ann leg fixture

here is the best pic's from the tv Hope this helps Their is a screw in the end of the fixture that screws in to the leg to hold the flat side to the jig when you do both sided's The show on tv sure is better Oh well del

Attachments

·
Banned
666 Posts
What was not made clear at the beginning a Sliding Dovetail is required and from what I see in the pics it is produced on the router table.
Has anyone used this method this before??
I do believe this could be done with the aid of the template guides with greater safety.
I have produced the same sliding dovetail in a three legged table with a circular column to take three legs. Also a square column which is much easier. I have also joined rails to the leg of a table at 45 degrees again with the aid of the template guides.
Tom

·
Banned
666 Posts
template tom said:
What was not made clear at the beginning a Sliding Dovetail is required and from what I see in the pics it is produced on the router table.
Has anyone used this method this before??
I do believe this could be done with the aid of the template guides with greater safety.
I have produced the same sliding dovetail in a three legged table with a circular column to take three legs. Also a square column which is much easier. I have also joined rails to the leg of a table at 45 degrees again with the aid of the template guides.
Tom
I should have included some pics
Tom

·
Registered
23,786 Posts
Hi Tom

Thanks
Can you please post the jig (template) you use to make the PIN and cut the pin on a 45deg. with a rounded end plus how deep to you set the dovetail bit when you only use 3/4" wide stock and how deep to you cut the slot to hold it. (the norm would be 3/8"deep) looks like 1/4" in the snapshot/picture ,true ?,,also a bit light on the stock on the end of the cut,looks like it almost went to far,true ?.

Thanks

·
Banned
666 Posts
bobj3 said:
Hi Tom

Thanks
Can you please post the jig (template) you use to make the PIN and cut the pin on a 45deg. with a rounded end plus how deep to you set the dovetail bit when you only use 3/4" wide stock and how deep to you cut the slot to hold it. (the norm would be 3/8"deep) looks like 1/4" in the snapshot/picture ,true ?,,also a bit light on the stock on the end of the cut,looks like it almost went to far,true ?.

Thanks
Hi Bob

When using 19mm material i made a 4mm cut 3/8ths would be halve way. The position requires to be changed so that the dovetail is more central.

Still working on the drawings
Tom

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.