Router Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

Wonder if someone can advise.

When I cut the bearing (bevelled) edges on the top and bottom of my drum shells on the table, I quite often get an uneven cut and some chipping. I always increase the cut in small increments so the cutter isn't doing too much work. However, I still get this. The internal edge of the shell I always turn clockwise and the external edge is turned anti-clockwise. I don't think I have this the wrong way round as doing the opposite is definitely not a cleaner cut. What could be causing this? I'm obviously doing something wrong somewhere. Any ideas?

· Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Guys, appreciate the responses. I should have clarified in my first post. The problem occurs mostly on the ply drums. The stave drums are fine, no real issues there, it's just the ply. The shells are made up of 4 layers of 1.5mm ply and are nice and solid. It's just this odd chipping and occasional uneveness in the cut. But I'll have a good look at the cutter as well, as I have a suspicion that's where the fault may lie now. Guess I really need to think about getting a few more decent cutters then!

Thanks again, appreciate it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.