Router Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi everyone, I am hoping someone in this forum may be able to help me?

I have a hand me down old craftsman planer. Model 351233731 I have the owners manual and have recently replaced the blades. After doing so I noticed a lot of play on the outfeed roller. So after disassembling I found the retaining bracket had wallowed out. I found the part from sears # 3843.00 After several google searches I think I am looking for a part that seems to be discontinued? I am wondering if anyone has run across a compatible part for sears Craftsman retaining bracket 3843.00? It is a squared block 1 in long 15/16 wide and 7/8 deep with a 5/8 in hole for the outfeed roller. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks for your time. R

·
Official Greeter
Ross
10,495 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

·
Official Greeter
19,388 Posts
Welcome to the forum, @Rafaelb

Could you make a larger hole for the outfeed roller, and insert a brass sleeve?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
James,

Thank for the welcome and your reply.
Great suggestion. Unfortunately in my case I don't believe there is enough meat to drill out to insert a brass sleeve. When they made the part the side walls being as thin as they are would prevent any real modification. I did try making a custom filler piece out of a machined piece of metal with out much success. After doing additional research I am currently waiting on some PC-7 to see if I have any success with it. I can't believe the number of google searches I did trying to find this piece. I have found it under other brands but none of them seem to have dimensions on the parts. I could easily modify a part if the dimensions are oversized but close. So I currently have questions out on different sites. In the mean time I am still on the hunt. Thanks so much for your valuable time. R

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts