Router Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at either the Incra Original jig system or the Ultra Lite jig system.
There isn't much delta in the cost but still some -- about $40. At first look the original seems to be a good value but the Ultra appears more substantial being aluminum. I mainly want it for a table fence but the jointery is nice but not required. That said I know you tend to use such after you have it assuming it is good and easy.

I would like any comments on the good, the bad, the advantages, and disadvantages of each model by those with experience with them.

·
Premium Member
3,132 Posts
I have the Incra original jig and it works great for joinery but I am not thoroughly impressed with it as a fence system. When it is extended out a fair bit there is some play in the fence. This has been an issue a couple of times while routing. I had to resort to putting a clamp on the fence itself to keep it from moving. It doesn't have the play when it is retracted but it defeats the purpose of having a fence you can adjust in 1/32" increments if you can't extend it without errors.
The ultra light might be a little more sturdy but I still think there is room for play when it is extended. I have had more luck with a homade fence either solid or a split one that each side is individually adjustable and lockable.

·
Premium Member
3,503 Posts
FWIW, the LS25/WF is pretty darned rigid.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
I have both the original plastic Incra and an Ultra. I prefer the alloy model, greater depth, range of movement, looks better, but both work. If you have the space at the back of the table, go alloy.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I have the original plastic and I love it, mainly 'cause it was free.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
good deal on original

I found the original jig on Amazon for $25 but it is by a new supplier. There are no customer reviews to check on.
Does anyone know how to checkout a new supplier to be legit?

·
Registered
23,786 Posts
Hi Don

Buy one and Amazon will back them up ..to the hilt.. :) money back Guaranteed from Amazon :) than post your review so others will know on the RWS forum...

=======

I found the original jig on Amazon for $25 but it is by a new supplier. There are no customer reviews to check on.
Does anyone know how to checkout a new supplier to be legit?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts