1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Retired Moderator
16,385 Posts
Peter I've never heard or seen of them.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Peter ~ You might try researching Vintage Machinery. Excellent website for older equipment, especially those that have gone out of production.

This is an introduction about Ram Tools on the Vintage Machinery website: "This maker of handheld power tools and bench grinders was founded sometime before 1946 and was in business until being acquired by Bison Gear & Engineering Corp. in 1987. We have seen "Ram Power Tool Line" products from Thor Power Tool Co., but we do not know if there is any connection to Ram Tool Corp."

Edit: I just checked the Vintage Machinery website and found this statement: "Handheld power tools are outside the scope of this web site. Please do not ask us about, or upload pictures of, handhelds!" You may be out of luck with an inquiry at VM, but you might want to check out Ebay.

Good luck hunting.

Bob

·
Registered
15,459 Posts
That would have been in the early years of router design and production; I wonder if there was an industry standard for collets back then? As in interchangeable with Stanley, for example(?).

·
Registered
268 Posts
Peter ~ There is a thread about your Ram Tool router over at Lumberjocks.com. It is branded under the Gibson name. Here is the link ... Router help - by mountainaxe @ LumberJocks.com ~ woodworking community
The post was made in 2011, so I don't know if you will get much traction with it. You will need to sign in if you want to communicate with the members. It's a worthy website. At least there are photos, which I assume come close to your router. Incidentally, you can post photos if they are located on your hard drive. It's possible that the original poster has a manual by now. Your profile indicates that you own some Craftsman routers. Have you tried to see if any of those collets will fit your Ram Tool router?

Bob

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.