Router Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My quart can of penetrating oil is empty. I think Stick recommends acetone and ATF Dextron at 1:1.

I guess this is still the best for penetrating oil?

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
If Stick says it's good it is good.

·
Retired Moderator
16,385 Posts
He wasn't the only one that has tried it if I remember the responses correctly. It seems to me several people said that it works as well as anything they've tried.

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
My quart can of penetrating oil is empty. I think Stick recommends acetone and ATF Dextron at 1:1.

I guess this is still the best for penetrating oil?
that it is....

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
He wasn't the only one that has tried it if I remember the responses correctly. It seems to me several people said that it works as well as anything they've tried.
only better and my father will agree w/ you...

·
Registered
692 Posts
Ha! My mind went to Penetral. Oh that would work so well (not!) Of course, Penetrol hardens, which just might not be a good thing, when trying to loosen stuff.

I look forward to hearing more on this hack.

Reactions: Roy Drake

·
Registered
2,603 Posts
Well I am of the opinion that this is the very best. Of coarse you have to try it to find out.

Google Deal

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I had a quart of Dextron III which I used for the mixing. I hope it is OK. None of my vehicles use the non synthetic Dextron. Even my manual 5 speed truck uses synthetic ATF in fact it requires 100% synthetic.

I seem to be working lots of old machinery so I think this will be a good cheap solution for penetrating oil. The Acetone is $4.50 per quart at Walmart and the Dextron was free since it was a left over.

·
Registered
31,264 Posts

·
Retired Moderator
16,385 Posts
You weren't going to reuse that part anyway were you Herb?

Reactions: Herb Stoops

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
So do I buy the ESP,M2C-33F,F ATF,ESW,M2C-33, Type G ATF,Dextron series, Mercon series?

Or just use a hack saw and cut it off.
Herb
hot wrench...

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
So do I buy the ESP,M2C-33F,F ATF,ESW,M2C-33, Type G ATF,Dextron series, Mercon series?

Herb
go to the auto section in any store...
buy any ATF by price...

Reactions: Herb Stoops
1 - 20 of 23 Posts