Router Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
I don't know how that would look since there is a noticable difference between the look of finished plywood, even cabinet grade, and hardwood...

My suggestion would be to try to find a local hardwood floor manufacturer and see if you could buy some stock from him. I did this yesterday and managed to walk away with about 100 bf of 4/4 cherry and 25 bf of 4/4 walnut (both from an Amish relative of the hardwood floorer in Virginia and cut down this year... sorry this is starting to sound like a gloat.) for less than 3 bucks a bf each. Which is about one quarter of the price I would have paid at Windsor Plywood.

I had planned to build a makeup table for my wife, and I was going to use edgebanded baltic birch ply for the top and yellow birch for the rest, but at the price I got the cherry my plans changed, the top is now going to be solid cherry since it is only one dollar a bf more over plywood. And my wife is happier that it will be made of cherry rather than birch which is only good for me :)

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.