Router Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi my name is Anastacio and I just started in the Wood Working World as a part time , I have a molding machine in my garage and I am looking for places to buy chip raw wood but I don't know where to go if somebody knows a place I can go to I will appreciate it. Thank you!

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Welcome aboard.

Where to buy wood depends on where you are and what you want. I've done lumberyard, woodworker supply place, Craigsllst, word of mouth, picked up downed sycamore at a Haz-mat call to a farm ditch, out of my "burn pile", old skids, whatever. I'm cheap--but i have good taste!!

earl

·
Registered
31,266 Posts
Hi my name is Anastacio and I just started in the Wood Working World as a part time , I have a molding machine in my garage and I am looking for places to buy chip raw wood but I don't know where to go if somebody knows a place I can go to I will appreciate it. Thank you!
are you looking for saw dust and the like???

·
Official Greeter
20,257 Posts
Hi Anastacio.

Please complete your profile or at least let us know your region. This will enable the members to give you some local advice.

There are some good suggestions from Greeacres2 (Earl).

·
Registered
31,266 Posts
I think he meant cheap, not "chip", Stick.
Having said that, if Anastacio is wanting it for mouldings, he's going to have to be very careful about recycling wood that may have had fasteners of some sort previously. This could get very expensive very quickly if he damages a cutter.
got to wundering if he was going to start making his own MDF or the like....

wonder what kind of moulder he has...

·
Registered
31,266 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.