Router Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else have one of these & find that it has crappy bearings in it ? I use mine as a dedicated router in my router table. It is about 6 years old. Maybe a little older.
I have replaced the bearings twice & they are going again.
Would like to replace them myself with quality bearings. If I can't the solution is likely going to be the nearest trash can. Has anyone done this ?

Lee

·
Banned
11,934 Posts
Lee, you are better off tossing the Ryobi and here is why: The bearings have failed three times in 6 years. This isn't a bearing problem as you would think but a problem with the motor housing. It is not right in some way, perhaps a stress crack inside, just loose fitting where it holds the bearings or most likely mis-aligned. This is the reason your bearings keep failing. Don't keep spending good money on a lost cause. The money is better spent on a new router.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have one ,has been great ,but i do not use it that often and part of the greatness was the price . I would also say buy a new one ,there are some real nice ones with great features out there.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have 2 of them and have not had any problems.They work well, and i also would buy Ryobi again. Was there a problem with some of them, or is this a isolated problem. Is it worth calling their service and see. If it is a bigger problen, they might help to replace Yours.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.