Router Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys, I'm somewhat new to this forum. I read it quite often, but never really posted till tonight. However, I have been a regular on wood onlines forum for a while. I feel like I'm probably a youngster to a lot of you, no offense I hope. Just turned 30 this past summer, but have been sniffing sawdust since I was in 7th grade Industrial arts. Loved it immediately and took as much wood in high school as i could. Got away from it a while while I was doing the college thing, but now that I'm married with a full time job, I found myself financially able to start accumulating tools. 4 years ago I bought a fixer upper house with a two car garage. Now my house is finished (just finished the man's room the other night aka the basement.) Now I barely have room for the family van in the garage because it gets in the way of my tools. Notice i said the van gets in the way, not my tools, however, my wife probably feels differently about that. I'm at the point where I'm either going to move the van out and take over, or build a shop. Anyway, I look forward to meeting all of you.

Forgot to mention that I'm Scott and I really love routing as I think the router is the most versatile tool in the shop. I have a PC 690 mounted under my table and a plunge base stored under the table if neccessary. I also have a dewalt 621 plunge also stored under the table ready whenever I need it.

·
Community Founder
6,782 Posts
Hey woodshopwilly, I believe you submitted some glossary terms! Anyway, glad to have you aboard and activtely posting.

·
Registered
11,921 Posts
Welcome Scott! No reason to be shy, jump right in the waters fine.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Mark,

You are correct, I did post some terms. I was expecting to get information via email and was watching it. I was unaware that the router forums had private messaging until the other day, sorry if I bugged you. :eek:

·
Registered
10,715 Posts
Welcome to the forums Scott. We can always use young people here. It lowers the average age of the forum. Some of us are retired and passed 60, so you help lower the average age. Also, NONE of my cars have ever made it in the garage. They wouldn't know what to do if they were inside. Glad to have you with us.

Dave
the "Doctor"

·
Registered
11,921 Posts
Cars are supposed to go IN the garage? Wow.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts