Router Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
man...
you could get hurt partying in that bed...

Reactions: gjackson52

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
Wouldn't mind having something like that. More storage space for SWMBO. As it stands there isn't an inch of unused space around the house. ;-)

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
Wouldn't mind having something like that. More storage space for SWMBO. As it stands there isn't an inch of unused space around the house. ;-)
Sounds like you need a bigger house! Then again, George Carlin says if you get a bigger house, you just buy more "stuff" to put in the extra space.

Maybe it's time to clean out. Er, your stuff not SWMBO's! I'm all for marital harmony, LOL.

Reactions: gjackson52 and kp91

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
They must live in a really dangerous neighbourhood :surprise:

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
Reactions: schnewj

·
Registered
238 Posts
Mike, do you have any relation to that bed or did you just see the pic and you re-post it? The way Stick put it, "partying on that you could get hurt".

Which, given the opportunity, makes me ask a question:

I am making a bed for my son who is in his thirties. As they need storage space, I am planning drawers under the bed. Is there a known technique to secure that drawers under a bed do not make noise that would otherwise "ruin" the partying on it? I am thinking of paying for expensive Blum telescopic rolling mechanisms, but if they rattle, it might be wiser to go for the old dado-and-tongue method which I absolutely adore and it caters for all discrepancies so that my drawers need not be geometrically accurate. Comments and ideas, please.

PS What is SWMBO? > Sweet Wife Might Be Outraged?

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
Mike, do you have any relation to that bed or did you just see the pic and you re-post it? The way Stick put it, "partying on that you could get hurt".

Which, given the opportunity, makes me ask a question:

I am making a bed for my son who is in his thirties. As they need storage space, I am planning drawers under the bed. Is there a known technique to secure that drawers under a bed do not make noise that would otherwise "ruin" the partying on it? I am thinking of paying for expensive Blum telescopic rolling mechanisms, but if they rattle, it might be wiser to go for the old dado-and-tongue method which I absolutely adore and it caters for all discrepancies so that my drawers need not be geometrically accurate. Comments and ideas, please.

PS What is SWMBO? > Sweet Wife Might Be Outraged?
Blum or other comparable slides should not be an issue. The wood joints will squeak before the slides will rattle.

SWMBO...She Who Must Be Obeyed

Reactions: gjackson52

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
blum or other comparable slides should not be an issue. The wood joints will squeak before the slides will rattle.
is that VOE????

·
Registered
2,323 Posts

·
Registered
11,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Dimitri, Just a photo I spotted but it is similar to my king sized waterbed. My bed has what is called the Princess Pedestal. This is an 18" height with two huge drawers on each side and an access door in the end for long items to be stored. My headboard bookcase is filled with Tom Clancy novels.

18" is the perfect height for storage drawers under any bed. The platform takes the place of a box spring for conventional bedding.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Mike, thank you. *I have no clue as to what all these are. Huge drawers and hatches are not for the space in my son's house, and books in the headboard, well, they do not appeal to me; there must be around 2000 books around the house - we left the bedoroom without books/magazines/TV/ etc.

As for the telescopic 100% side slides, I will employ them and hope for the best. The bed will have a total 9 drawers and 2 night stands that will roll in and out. I will make a sketch and show it here for comments.

VOE ? What VOE?

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
Mike, thank you. *I have no clue as to what all these are. Huge drawers and hatches are not for the space in my son's house, and books in the headboard, well, they do not appeal to me; there must be around 2000 books around the house - we left the bedoroom without books/magazines/TV/ etc.

As for the telescopic 100% side slides, I will employ them and hope for the best. The bed will have a total 9 drawers and 2 night stands that will roll in and out. I will make a sketch and show it here for comments.

VOE ? What VOE?
I can not believe that nobody has bothered to answer your VOE question.

It stands for: Voice Of Experience

·
Registered
238 Posts
Cheers Bill, in my mind, then, the VOE is a very compound sound, made of hundreds of OOPSes and AAARGHs and SHIII---T (diarrhoic), that are are summoned in the shorted sentence: "Do as I say, not as I did..."

In greek we have a proverb that translates to "if you burn your tongue with soup, you are afraid even of yogurt".. (got to go, operating day today, thanks for cheering me up I need it badly)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts