Router Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I decided the neighbor lady needed a recipe box to keep her multitude of recipes in. And, to further my chances at more pies in the future. :wink:
Plus, she is next door to my workshop, so I know she hears my machinery and doesn't complain.
I found the graining particularly odd on this piece of wood and I think it came out very well. for poplar.

Attachments

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
that came out way better than very well...

Reactions: billyjim and rcp612

·
Super Moderator
John
6,835 Posts
Roger nicely done i'm sure she'll appreciate

Reactions: rcp612

·
Premium Member
17,426 Posts
Looks really sharp . Just love the look of those wood grains . I'm assumimg it's done with stain . I don't know much about this

·
Registered
418 Posts
Very nice Roger. I don't know anything about maple but I do like the grain pattern in that piece of timber.

Harold

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
Love it. Nice job!

·
Registered
3,723 Posts
That should be worth an apple blueberry, cinnamon graham cracker crust pie without a doubt.

Reactions: jw2170 and rcp612

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Looks really sharp . Just love the look of those wood grains . I'm assumimg it's done with stain . I don't know much about this
I put a light rubbing of Minwax Provincial stain and 3 coats of Minwax wiping poly. It seemed too easy, I hate finishing.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Such a rare project these days ... I was just thinking yesterday how recipe cards are disappearing from kitchens now equipped with iPad holders for the online cook. And we're the poorer for it ... reading Grandma's handwriting is one of the special things that can happen when you're using her recipe!

·
Registered
8,954 Posts
Good job Rodger, Did you do the box joints on the TS or Router? I like box joints. Your finish turned out great sure showcased the grain. A box to be proud of.

Herb

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Good looking box, and Boston Cream Pie is one of my favorites!! I had a pretty good supply of old poplar that showed a lot of the same type of grain--couldn't understand why it was referred to as a secondary wood.

My wife of 11 years and 5 days is a pretty good cook. Just before we were married we moved her stuff from her apartment to the house and she mentioned "a few boxes of magazines in the basement". As i recall it was 16 or 17 "Bankers Boxes" of cooking magazines with recipes she wanted to keep. We'd already moved at least the equivalent of that in cookbooks. The collection has been thinned our some since--but building her a box for all her recipes would be a good sized addition to the house!!

But...i sure do eat well, no complaints there!!

Great job!!

earl

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Good job Rodger, Did you do the box joints on the TS or Router? I like box joints. Your finish turned out great sure showcased the grain. A box to be proud of.

Herb
I used the I-Box on the table saw. I seem to have better results there compared to using it on the router table.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts