31,264 Posts

·
Administrator
David - Machinist in wood
4,196 Posts

·
Registered
8,956 Posts
I bought two of these and they've worked fine for daily use for the last 3 years - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00LPOR42M/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

This may be in Stick's 'junk' category but they feel plenty thick and sturdy to me, and like I said, I move them around to different machines every day multiple times - no issues. These are 20' long, though, and I don't know if they have shorter lengths.

David
Those are good ones,David, and reasonable price too. They can be cut to length if need be.
Herb

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
I bought two of these and they've worked fine for daily use for the last 3 years - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00LPOR42M/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

This may be in Stick's 'junk' category but they feel plenty thick and sturdy to me, and like I said, I move them around to different machines every day multiple times - no issues. These are 20' long, though, and I don't know if they have shorter lengths.

David
the junk one is at Woodcraft - the light duty one...

·
Registered
21,698 Posts
Rockler. Their stuff fits together and no other parts are interchangable. 4 inches ain't four inches anywhere. No standards for inside, outside dimensions. Since I stopped even trying to match different brands, dust collection has become much easier. I only use Rockler parts now and have no idea if any other brands are OK.

I have had a Rockler 4 inch by 23 foot collapsable hose for at least 10 years and it's holding up nicely. It has a metal coil so you can ground it if you want. Consider that an endorsement.

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
Rockler. Their stuff fits together and no other parts are interchangable. 4 inches ain't four inches anywhere. No standards for inside, outside dimensions. Since I stopped even trying to match different brands, dust collection has become much easier. I only use Rockler parts now and have no idea if any other brands are OK.

I have had a Rockler 4 inch by 23 foot collapsable hose for at least 10 years and it's holding up nicely. It has a metal coil so you can ground it if you want. Consider that an endorsement.
That would be fine but they and many others have little to nothing for 6" systems. When reducing down it's easier but 6" fittings for my main CV1800 was a royal pain and you want to stay at 6" as long as you can before connection to the equipment. But again the fitting of the adapters to the hoses can be a challenge at best sometimes so if you already have fittings and hose take some with you if going in store and test the fit if you can. One item I have found to be priceless is Fernco couplings which come in a variety of sizes and reducer sizes.

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
That would be fine but they and many others have little to nothing for 6" systems. When reducing down it's easier but 6" fittings for my main CV1800 was a royal pain and you want to stay at 6" as long as you can before connection to the equipment. But again the fitting of the adapters to the hoses can be a challenge at best sometimes so if you already have fittings and hose take some with you if going in store and test the fit if you can. One item I have found to be priceless is Fernco couplings which come in a variety of sizes and reducer sizes.
so go all metal, (snaplok or the like) and make your own fittings right down to the blast gates...
components are easier to find, way more adaptable, cheaper than PVC, nothing's proprietary, and the biggest plus - extensive static control...
DIY branch taps/wyes, about 3$... how much is a 6'' wye in PVC??? or 6x6x4??
need to modify, change or update.. everything you used is reusable o near zero waste..
try that w/ a 6'' wye...

Reactions: difalkner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.