Router Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
That amount of wood. Run them through the planer. After your done buy a new set of planer blades. The stripper and time you would use would buy many sets of planer blades.

·
Registered
101 Posts
It is a helical cutter. those little squares are 'Spensive, Lucy! :oops:

92 Inserts at $10.00 EACH!

I know those helical blades have FOUR cutting edges, so I GUESS I could go through a set, rotating them as needed, and then buying a whole new set after the fact ... I will cut a four foot plank and give it a test, to see how it comes out.

Joe
Ha and now you know why I don't have one of those. The thought of changing those even once put the fear into me. I can change a set of normal blades in 10 minutes or less in my dewalt. If it was me I would go out and buy a lunch box planner for that job and then give it away to someone or put it out in the shed for the next time I needed that same tool.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Dried glue and hard knots are the few things that will tear up planner blades. I have planed a bunch of finished wood over the years. Paint will dull a blade pretty fast.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I would just take the pews and run them through the lunch box planer. Stack them up and then go buy a CNC machine and make all kinds of cool stuff with them. I have used refurbed wood on lots of projects. Garage sales and auctions net a lot of perfectly great wood that has finish on them. One needs to watch out for nails. I bought a entertainment stand that had 350.00 worth of red oak in it if I was to buy it for only 10.00 bucks. Those pews have a lot of value in them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts